Asking for help is a fundamental skill that empowers students to overcome challenges and achieve their goals. Students can need help learning how to appropriately ask for help. This social narrative helps students learn how to go about asking for help. This “Asking for Help” Social Story is a powerful resource designed to teach learners, of all ages and abilities, the importance of seeking assistance when needed while building confidence and communication skills.
Why Choose This “Asking for Help” Social Story:
- Visual Learning: Engaging visuals accompany the story to enhance comprehension and make the learning experience enjoyable.
- Clear Language: The story uses clear and simple language, ensuring accessibility for learners with diverse needs.
- Problem-Solving: It provides practical guidance on when and how to ask for help, promoting problem-solving skills.
- Confidence Building: Encourages learners to take initiative, fostering a sense of independence and self-advocacy. Learning to ask for help empowers students to feel more confident in tackling challenges and reaching their goals.
- Communication Skills: Asking for help is not just about words; it’s about effective communication. This social story encourages the development of communication skills and independent functioning skills.
- Life Skills Focus: Teaching the art of asking for help is a valuable life skill that prepares individuals for success in school, work, and everyday life.
- Promotes Independence: Encourages learners to recognize their strengths and areas where assistance is needed, promoting a healthy balance of independence and interdependence.
Equip your learners with the confidence and communication skills they need to seek assistance when it matters most. Make this “Asking for Help” Social Story a part of your educational toolkit and watch as your students grow into confident, self-assured individuals.
Social stories are great visuals for helping students with special needs or on the Autism spectrum. A digital Boom Card story is also included for use with a computer or tablet.
-There are black/white and color options, as well as 4 different size options. There are also full sized options, which are great for use as a digital pdf. The black/white is great to use to have students color to make it their own.